Most Common Questions
Key information you need to know about our organisation
We receive a number of common questions at B.A.B.E.S., Inc. about our programs, hours, and more. See below for answers to many of these questions. If your answers aren’t found below, feel free to contact us.
Families interested in receiving services from B.A.B.E.S., Inc. must register. The registration process includes completing informational paperwork, photographs of the children, as well as a tour of our facility. Please call to make an appointment with our team. Plan to spend about an hour with us on the day of your registration appointment.
Our hours of operation are Monday through Thursday from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm. During holidays and special occasions, operating hours change. Please call 920.733.6886 to verify if you have any questions.
Respite care is offered once per week for up to seven hours. Please call to confirm what is available on the day you’re interested in utilizing the service.
Child abuse and neglect are very serious concerns for any community. As a child abuse prevention program, we are here to support parents in an effort reduce stress, to avoid any negative behaviors that might be perpetrated against children. Our main goal is to provide programs and services that help parents learn coping strategies and parenting skills that help them raise their children; building a strong family unit.
Please note: B.A.B.E.S., Inc. is a mandatory reporter of abuse and/or neglect.
B.A.B.E.S. Program Participant Expectations:
- Participate in programs and services offered (e.g. Parent Education/Family Night quarterly sessions)
- Utilize the counseling services at least 6 times per year – attend skill building sessions, mom’s group (M.A.P.S.), or dad’s group (Just for Dads Club)
- Provide current contact information (e.g. phone number, mailing address, and e-mail address)
- Respond to requests for information
- Assist B.A.B.E.S. with marketing (videos, photos, news stories, etc.)
Registered B.A.B.E.S. Program Participants are eligible to receive diapers from the Fox Cities United Way Diaper Bank program (must be low income).
Others may be able to receive diapers from B.A.B.E.S.’ general inventory. Please call to discuss your situation and needs.
B.A.B.E.S., Inc. has relationships with various non-profit organizations in the Fox Cities. Referrals to our program come from doctors, social workers, parents, and non-profit organizations.
We have relationships with:
- St. Joseph Food Pantry
- Harbor House
- Mother and Unborn
- Fox Cities United Way Diaper Bank
- Women’s Fund for the Fox Valley Region
- Fox Valley Technical College
All programs and services offered by B.A.B.E.S. are free to program participants. For more than 20 years, our programs and services have been FREE.
Funding for B.A.B.E.S. comes from private donors, fundraising efforts, local grant sources, and generous community members.
In 2016, B.A.B.E.S. worked with 48 active families, which represents 108 children.
Events for our program participants are held quarterly. You can view our event calendar for additional information.
- 2018 Parent Education/Family Night Events
- Thursday, March 22nd
- Thursday, June 28th
- Thursday, September 27th
- Thursday, December 13th – Annual Children’s Holiday Party
- HATS OFF! 2018 and Lip Sync Challenge 3.0
- Friday, April 27, 2018